Application Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2018
Are you passionate about commercial real estate and want to help the industry grow? Do you want to make an impact in our local communities? Do you want to gain experience operating in a board-like setting? If yes, NAIOP Vancouver is looking for applicants to join the Developing Leaders Committee (DLC) for 2019.
ABOUT THE DLC PROGRAM
The DLC is an advisory group within NAIOP Vancouver with a mandate to provide real estate professionals under the age of 35 with valuable networking, educational and community outreach opportunities through the Developing Leaders Program.
NAIOP Vancouver is seeking individuals to join the DLC beginning in 2019. Below is information on the application process for those interested.
- Provide networking opportunities and educational initiatives for commercial real estate professionals under the age of 35
- Promote NAIOP and encourage membership for industry professionals under the age of 35
- Provide access to the commercial real estate industry for students and other stakeholders
- Provide support to the NAIOP Vancouver Board on special projects and sub-committees
DLC MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a member of NAIOP Vancouver
- Must be under the age of 35
- Mandatory attendance at NAIOP DLC meetings (7-10 per year)
- Mandatory involvement in planning Developing Leaders events
- Must volunteer at NAIOP and DLC events including breakfast, lunch and cocktail events
TYPICAL ANNUAL EVENTS PLANNED BY THE DLC
- Lunch and Learn educational events
- Social events (winter and summer)
- Mentorship series
- Construction and development tours
10 to 14 total DLC members comprised of individuals from:
- landlords, investors, or developers
- brokers (sales, leasing, and mortgage)
- influencers, service providers or consultants (lawyers, accountants, architects, etc.)
- student liaisons
Applicants must submit their resume along with answers to the questions below prior to 5:00 pm PT on November 30th, 2018. Please keep all answers to a maximum of 200 words for each section.
- Brief description of your career to date and current role in real estate.
- Why are you interested in joining the NAIOP DLC?
- What was your favorite event this year and why?
- What ideas do you have for future events?
- What can the NAIOP DLC do better and how can you help?
Applicants can submit their resume and responses to:
Darren Wong, Director, Investments, Peterson
Other inquiries please contact NAIOP Vancouver at
We thank all individuals that apply; only successful applicants will be notified.
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, Friday, November 30, 2018